Monday 3 December 2012

Visual Essay Assignment Complete

My 4 minute documentary about video game addiction is complete. I took on-board the suggestions made to improve my video. I changed the music in the second half of the documentary to a slower beat to reflect the seriousness of the situation.

The voice-over went through several changes, I recorded my voice-over for a second time taking in the suggestions to talk a little bit faster and with more emphasis on words so that it sounds more interesting for the viewer. However upon completion of my voice-over, I still was not happy about it as I just do not like the sound of my own voice, so i got a friend to do the voice over for me.

I added in extra segments about addiction to gaming. As the assignment was limited to 2-4 minutes, I would have liked to included another 2 minutes of footage focusing on more of the decisions made in Asia to help online gaming addictions such as the 'online gaming clinics'.

I am very happy about the outcome of this project and felt that I learned much from it. I went through much research but due to the length of the documentary, could not fit it all in.

I realise that this addiction is similar to other addictions such as television, social media and the internet in general.


Video Game Addiction Documentary from Barry Mc Caffrey on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment